Monday, July 16, 2007

Some thoughts on Nothing...

So obviously I'm the best blogger ever. I tell myself that I'd like to get into the habit of maintaining a blog, again, yet I never follow through. I'm obviously all talk and no action when it comes to the world of blogging. I was supposed to post that short story, and yes, I worked on it. I even neared finishing it, but then I let myself set it aside. Oh procrastination, why must you plague my life?!

I have come to accept some truths in my life. I'm not an insightful person; I don't have crazy adventures; my life is pretty monotonous. Or is it? I think I'm a fun person. I have wonderful friends who keep me on my toes. I just choose to not cherish the wonderful blessings in my life. I'm convinced that if my entry isn't funny, it isn't worth posting. Now I don't have to be funny all the time, do I? I am not here to people please, yet I live my life as if I'm convinced that my purpose is to entertain. God has made me for so much more, yet I prefer to live an anxious life, lacking contentment with the now. I spend more time wanting to know what's next, waiting for tomorrow. But the problem is, there's always a tomorrow. I need to live for now. I need to update my blog. Tonight. I will finish that story. And I may have failed miserably at being funny, but hey, I had fun writing it. And I'm not here to people please.

2 comments:

Martha Elaine Belden said...

good for you...

looking forward to (finally!) reading that story of yours.

Heather said...

Ok girlie - just got around to seeking out your new spot. I have been glad to hear from you and apologiz for my lack of reciprocation - but now I am here and I want to hear what is going on with you!
Tell me, tell me! SeƱorita, porfavorcito...
Much love fromPeru!