Thursday, May 8, 2008

Lots of Happenings

I just wanted to share a little update in the goings-ons in my life. This past Wednesday marked my year anniversary with CPS. This is quite the accomplishment given the average turnover of a CPS caseworker is eight months. With my completed year, I'm entitled to a bonus (scheduled to come in July, assuming I'm still with the agency then, as well), and I have ample opportunity to apply for different jobs and locations within the department. My supervisor informed me of a new position she applied for, and she encouraged me to apply as well. The department has created new job positions, which includes less stress and a pay increase. With her recommendation, I went ahead and applied for one of the positions, as well as an opening in Night Intake. Night Intake has the benefit of not having to carry a case load, providing an easier means of taking time off, as well as giving me the opportunity to explore returning to school semi full time. The only drawback to that position is I don't receive any difference in pay, and I'd be working Wednesday through Saturday nights, eliminating my ability to socialize with those who have normal work schedules. Essentially, I'm hoping for the former job to work out, otherwise I'll be exploring a new career entirely come the end of the summer when I'm finished with Physical Therapy and my boss is gone.

Speaking of Physical Therapy.... on Monday I'm undergoing orthoscopic knee surgery. My orthopedic is not 100% sure what the damage to my knee is. The consensus is that it's a probably meniscus tear (which didn't show up on the MRI) and possible ACL reconstruction. Essentially, we can't know until there's a hole in my knee, so come Monday around 3:00pm, I think we'll know. Crutches are foreseen to be in the near future for anywhere from two to six weeks, followed by three months of physical therapy. Any thoughts and prayers would be greatly appreciated during my surgery on Monday. It's scheduled for 11:00AM.

I can't really think of anything else going on. I figure this entry is somewhat boring, but at least I could offer a somewhat substantial update. I know it can't compare to the Baby Do's and Don'ts. But really, what can?

1 comment:

Martha Elaine Belden said...

yay life ;)

this comment is coming late so i'll just say... glad you made it out alive, your knee is intact and you're getting lots of R&R.

you'll be kicking that soccer ball around again in no time!